REN Refugee Employment Network Event
17th November, 2022 - 10am - 6pm
We have a fantastic networking opportunity in Southwark for refugees seeking work and employers. After the success of our last drop-in event, ‘REN at the heart of Hitchin’, we have organised a 2nd 1-day Jobs Fair, hosted by EY and in association with the Department for Work & Pensions (DWP).
The Refugee Employment Event will take place on the 17th November 2022 from 10am – 6pm, and will be held at 1 More London Place, SE1 2AF. The event is free for refugees.
The event has been designed as a ‘one-stop shop’ to bring local and national government, employers and associated support networks to refugees in this constituency.
What is the support/help and benefits from attending the event?
- Refugees will gain support and advice to navigate the barriers related to employment, benefits, education, housing and health from the respective exhibitors
- Support with language translation on the day
- Opportunity to meet the contacts needed for multiple services in one session and build a relationship for future needs
- Greater understanding of the path to resettlement to better inform the wider refugee community
There will be an option of 4 separate sessions that refugees can attend. Members, employers and services will be available throughout the whole day for refugees to access (for job seekers - please select which session you would like to attend):
- 09:00 – 10:00 - Arrivals, Refreshments, REN Welcome
- 10:00 – 12:00 - Session 1
- 12:00 – 13:00 - Lunch and Networking (for REN Members and exhibitors)
- 13:00 – 15:00 - Session 2
- 15:00 – 17:00 - Session 3
- 17:00 – 18:00 - Session 4
Download our Refugee Employment Network poster for more details and to share within your networks.