Time: 10:00 – 13:00
Date: Wednesday 29th June
Location: The Sun Hotel, Sun Street, Hitchin, SG5 1AF
The Refugee Employment Network are pleased to announce that they will be supporting a drop-in event for Ukrainian refugees in collaboration with Bim Afolami, MP for Hitchin & Harpenden. Attendees will be able to:
- Meet with local employers
- Speak to an employment adviser that can offer career advice
- Learn about education courses on offer locally, including English classes
- Understand how to have professional qualifications registered in the UK
- Learn more about local support services
The event will include a showcase of organisations providing information and advice and presenting their offers of support for refugees and their hosts. Organisations with representatives attending will include the Department of Work and Pensions, Hertfordshire County Council and the NHS. Advice provided will cover areas such as employment, education and local resources available to refugees from Ukraine, aiming to provide a ‘one-stop shop’ of information and contacts to help displaced individuals integrate into the local community.
Entrance is free of charge but tickets must be booked through Eventbrite beforehand.