Main aims of the job
• To be part of the team, whose aims are to ensure that clients, needs are met on a daily basis.
• To help promote as much personal and physical independence and choice as possible in the activities of daily living undertaken by the residents within the Care Homes.
• To help maintain a stimulating and attractive environment for the residents.
• To assist in the direct care provision of all aspects of the service users assessed needs, which may include;
• To assist residents in washing, dressing and undressing.
• To participate in the basic nursing care of the residents under the supervision of trained staff e.g. bed bathing, pressure area, mouth care, and eye care.
• To assist the residents with their toileting needs, including continence promotion.
• To change beds, tidy residents’ rooms and do light cleaning.
• To empty aids, where appropriate.
• To assist with problems with mobility, including those of mobility aids, where appropriate.
• To help in the serving of meals and drinks, feeding those residents who are unable to feed themselves and ensuring that each resident receives the meal or diet that he/she has requested and is suitable for his/her needs.
• To convey relevant information about the service users to the nurse in charge, in order that the individual plan of care may be regularly updated and appropriate care given, paying particular attention to any changes observed in the service users physical or psychological condition.
• Report immediately to the nurse in charge, any accident or untoward incident, which may occur to a resident or a member of staff.
• Maintain confidentiality regarding resident’s particulars.
• Assist in activities within the Home.
• To help to maintain a safe environment for staff, residents and visitors, through awareness of health and safety policies and by attending training as required.
• To attend appropriate training programmes/courses as available, which will further existing knowledge.
• To undertake any other duties as required, in order to keeping the Care Homes running smoothly, as delegated by the trained nursing staff or Home Manager.
• To be fully aware of the fire policy and the awareness of food hygiene regulations
• To be familiar with all current policies and procedures and understand your duty to comply and implement them when necessary
• To wear uniform provided with plain black trousers and flat sensible shoes at all times
• Ensure that you do not use a mobile telephone while on duty
• To ensure that all information of a confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties
• Understand your duty and report if you witness bad practice or harm to a residents within the Care Homes.
• To promote and ensure the good reputation of the Agency at all times
Health and Safety
• To ensure that you work in a safe environment in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act
• To practice and promote safe working practices within the Care Homes.
• To take responsibility for your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions
• To be fully aware and comply with infection control policies and procedures and appropriate hand hygiene technique
• To report immediately to the whoever is in charge, any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a resident, colleague, self or another
• To report to the appropriate person in charge of any faults, damaged furniture, faulty appliances, equipment or any potential hazard
Qualifications, Training and Experience
• To have basic communication skills
• To have the ability to work effectively within a team environment
• No experience is needed as training will be provided
Standard criminal record check (DBS) required
How to Apply:
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any suitably interested candidates for these roles.
Bexhill-on-Sea East Sussex South East England
£10 per hour
Full-time Part-time Permanent