Job Title: CDP / Carvery Chef
Reporting to: Head Chef / Second Chef / Manager
Important internal relationships: All staff
Important external relationships: Customers & Suppliers
Main purpose of post: To provide excellent customer service whilst serving food and drinks within the expected standards.
1. To be responsible for overseeing all operational aspects of the Kitchen and staff in the absence of the Head Chef & Second Chef
2. Working in all areas of the kitchen depending on the daily needs of Head Chef / Second Chef
3. Preparation and cooking of food within the accepted standards
4. Back up the chefs during service for both in-house and pub grub orders
5. Support and communicate regularly and effectively with the Head Chef, Second Chef & Managers and to ensure all issues are acknowledged and discussed during their absence.
6. To set out, maintain & monitor high standards if cooking & presentation
7. To assist the head chef / second chef in order supplies, keep records of stocks, including stock management of the kitchen and checking deliveries for quality
8. To be aware of current food trends with regard to presentation and style and help with new menu ideas and menu design
9. Adherence to food hygiene standards including ensuring HACCP’s processes are followed and recorded as required
10. Maintain professional standards within the work place to include ensuing kitchen is left clean & tidy at all times
11. Work at all times within the codes of requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act, ensuring all Health & Safety standards are adhered to.
12. To ensure cleaning checklists are adhered to by Chefs and Kitchen Porters and directing staff to cleaning duties when required – especially during quiet times
13. To produce a Carvery to high standard and to exceed customer satisfaction, in both service and food quality.
Key requirements for the post
• Previous experience working in a kitchen providing meals for large numbers
• Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate
• Ability to manage a food budget
• Approachable, with a friendly and professional manner
• High personal standards
• As Chef your rostered hours will include peak shifts including weekends and bank holidays to ensure the smooth & efficient operation of food production. Please note that your 2 days off are likely to be between Monday Thursday inclusive).
• This Job Description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of your responsibilities, key result areas and objectives.
• The Victoria Inn reserves the right to require you to undertake such other tasks, duties or training as may be appropriate to your status and experience.
• This job description may be reviewed from time to time as a result of either reorganisation of the company and/or outcomes of the performance review/appraisal scheme.
• Although this Job Description provides an outline of your key tasks, all staff are expected to be flexible and assist when necessary other members of staff in their performance their tasks and be prepared on occasion to work in other departments to enable the company to operate efficiently.
Level 1 B1 English required
How to Apply:
Please contact email@example.com if you have any suitably interested candidates for these roles.
Cornwall South West England
Food Hospitality Hospitality and leisure Restaurant