The Canvas: Academy is a series of free skills-training courses for the refugee and migrant populations of East London. We have exciting professionals and educators lined up to teach, and are trying to get the message out to as many folks as possible. The first course, which still has openings and begins on June 11th, is a free 9-week course in Project Planning, which will give participants a deep understanding of project management and planning. The course leader will also provide tips for getting work experience and share potential employment opportunities.
The eligibility requirements for the Project Planning course are the following:
• Participants should have some experience working at an office or for a company, and have an understanding about how a company works
• Participants must communicate well in English
• Participants must be over 16 years of age and able to attend the weekly classes at The Canvas, located in Shoreditch (42 Hanbury Street, E1 5JL); the course will run on Saturdays, 10am-12pm
• Dani, the course leader, would like to help as many women, teens, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and adults in vulnerable positions as possible, including those seeking asylum or settlement
We are happy to help make accommodations for childcare, transportation, and other obstacles so that all are able to attend. We have two more courses slotted for this summer so far, including "Get Into The City," taught by the representative from The City of London, and "Get Into Vegan Cooking." If there is interest in these courses, we have a waiting list and will be in touch about start dates. Interested people should scan the QR code to sign up!
The eligibility for these two courses are the following:
• Participants must live in a Greater London Authority borough, and either be unemployed or unable to earn more than London Living Wage
• Participants must have no prior accredited qualifications above level three
• Participants must be 18 years of age or older
How to Apply:
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any suitably interested candidates for these roles.
Not applicable, course is free of charge