About the role:
We are looking someone to develop, maintain and expand our in-house training program. Focusing on supporting and training both current and future technicians in DIT, Data Wrangling, Video Assist and other on-set roles as well as Digital Dailies operations.
What the job will look like:
• Provide focused and structured training to Digital Orchard technicians across multiple technical disciplines
• Develop and document training guides covering best practise, industry standards and expectations through to troubleshooting and escalation
• Work with existing technicians to find and then fill, current gaps in their knowledge or understanding
• Work with Bookings and Kit Room team to ensure technicians stay up to date with new software and hardware solutions and to schedule training
• Stay up to date with current solutions and become a super user on the systems we supply our team
• Research, investigate and test out new tools, technology solutions or workflows working closely with Kit Room team and senior management to steer investment decisions
• Work with Dailies Producer to ensure both current and future Dailies Operators are provided initial and ongoing training
• Ad hoc assistance to the Kit Room team to provide cover and general support
during busy spells
• Be available for technical industry events and expos
• Ideally suited to someone with significant on-set experience
• Technically minded with demonstrable experience and skills in key skill sets
• Data management
• Video Operations
• Experience with dailies workflow a benefit
• Experience in training and developing others preferred but not essential
• Relaxed personality with good relationship building skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and with strict deadlines
• Ability to multi-task and prioritise conflicting demands
• A problem-solving mentality and a natural lateral thinker
• An excellent understanding of the general workings of the film industry from onset to post-production
• Experience and knowledge in making various cables, looms and on-set carts preferred
What will you get from us?
• An opportunity to have a key position in a company that works on some of the biggest film and high-end television titles.
• A friendly ‘non corporate’ style of working where each employee is highly valued for their unique contribution and skillset
• A happy, relaxed working environment in the countryside with fresh air, animals and plenty of opportunities to take a break in nature
Digital Orchard Values
• Teamwork - our best work is delivered when we share our skills and experience with each other
• Caring - we care about every project and treat it with the respect and time that it deserves
• Quality – we deliver the highest quality service to each and every customer
• Net Zero – we are committed in our pledge to become carbon neutral by 2023
• Action not words – we run the Digital Orchard Foundation which supports
underrepresented groups in the film and television industry
Details of the role:
• Permanent role with out of hours availability
• Salary/package dependent on experience. Please state your salary expectations with application.
• The Digital Orchard office is in the countryside near Chorleywood (HP8 4AX) – please ensure that you could easily travel to and work from the office. We may be able to arrange support with driving lessons and/or car hire as part of an initial employee support package. However most employees and freelancers arrange their own transport.
English required: proficient
How to Apply:
Please contact email@example.com if you have any suitably interested candidates for these roles.
Buckhinghamshire Chalfont St Giles South West England
Dependent on experience. Salary sacrifice health insurance available.
film Professional and business services Technology
Full-time Part-time Permanent